Yes this sound like a boring topic and something you might like to leave to your other half. But a pressure washer is actually more interesting than you might guess. It can be used all over the outside of the home from cleaning decking and pavements to washing the car and windows. All with minimum effort and mess.
Before deciding on which pressure washer to buy, you need to consider the purpose for which you intend to use it. Will it need to be small enough to store in a tight space or to carry in the car. What degree of flexibility do you needs and which accessories will you need for the applications you intend on using it for.
Once you have these set in your mind you need to think about the technical specifications you require.
- 100 bar of pressure
- Cleaning garden furniture and BBQ's.
- Cleaning garden tools
- Cleaning motorbikes, bicycles and bins
- 110 bar of pressure
- Cleaning guttering
- Cleaning cars, lorries and boats
- Cleaning lawnmowers
- Cleaning wooden fences
- Cleaning swimming pools, spas and hot tubs
- 130 bar pressure
- Cleaning brickwork
- Cleaning decking and patios
- Cleaning driveways
- Cleaning farm equipment
Using a pressure washer
- Many models of pressure washer will allow the user to change the pressure setting. Only use the pressure required for your task. It is better to go over one area a few times than to ruin it by being too over zealous.
- It is important to take care when using a higher pressure washer when cleaning items which do not require that level of pressure. It is possible to cause damage. The key is to stand well back and not to concentrate the spray in one position for too long. Particularly when cleaning off old paint from windows as it is possible to damage the woodwork.
- Always wear protective gear such as goggles and shoes. The spray will hurt if it hits unprotected skin. Always take care when you are near electrical equipment and use a circuit breaker. Never point the spray at another person.
- Detergents can be used in the washer. These are useful for washing windows and cars. The manufacturers will include details of which should be used with their equipment.