The free diy home improvement guide with answers to your questions on a wide range of do it yourself projects.

 

The Perils of Working With Gas

The perils of working with gas appliances without proper training have been highlighted by the death of Toby Griffiths from Devon.

He rigged up a makeshift gas heater after his wood burning stove cracked and could not be used. Unfortunately he failed to vent the appliance correctly. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning, as did his dog who was with him. The importance of getting a qualified person in to do any work on gas appliances is set out in legislation to protect people from this type of accident.