British Gas have produced a great video explaining some of the things home owners can do to get the most out of central heating systems and boilers. The video gives top tips for keeping your house warm in winter.
With advice on checking the lagging on your cylinder and making sure the thermostat is set to a maximum of 60 degrees, you can improve efficiency and reduce costs. Many of these are simple DIY jobs that can make a real difference. British Gas also explain how important it is to have regular inspection for safety of your heating system as well as identifying potential problems with gas appliances. You can check out this video on our Central heating and boiler tips for winter page.
There are a number of other videos including:
- Top Tips - thermostatic radiator valves
- Top Tips - How to use a thermostat
- Top Tips - How to bleed a radiator
- Top Tips - Check your water pressure
- Top Tips - Check for Carbon Monoxide