We often get asked to give an opinion on various different products but unless we’ve tested the product extensively, we don’t feel comfortable discussing. The Ecotec Pro 28 boiler from Vaillant is a boiler we are familiar with though, and here’s our take on it.
The Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 is a high efficiency condensing gas boiler with a nominal output of 28kW.
The Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 is a mid-sized condensing boiler which is designed for both domestic and light commercial use. The boiler’s low maintenance and high efficiency make it a popular choice for those looking to purchase a medium-sized combi boiler. It has a maximum central heating output of 28 kW, or roughly the same as that of an electric shower boiler. By comparison, your average combi system will have a maximum central heating power output of 35 kW. This means that the ecoTEC Pro 28 is ideal for small to medium sized houses, as well as flats and apartments with up to 15 radiators.
As previously mentioned, one major benefit of purchasing the ecoTEC Pro 28 is its high energy efficiency rating. Condensing boilers are able to achieve this rating because they capture heat from flue gases which would otherwise be wasted through the flue system in non-condensing models. Thus, by using condensing technology, this boiler works constantly to reduce your carbon footprint; saving you money in the process too!
The minimum output of the boiler is 5.8kW, which makes it ideal for medium sized properties with one bathroom.
Installing an ideal boiler for your home can be important for a number of reasons, and the Vaillant ecotec pro 28 is no exception. The minimum output of the boiler is 5.8kW, which makes it ideal for medium sized properties with one bathroom. It is ideally suited to new builds and refurbishments and can be installed in either a kitchen or garage but cannot be installed in bathrooms or outdoors – it needs to be kept inside the property, rather than in an outside plant room.
Although the ecoTEC pro 28 is suited for new builds and refurbishments, it cannot be installed in bathrooms or outdoors.
The ecoTEC Pro Condensing boilers, can be installed as part of a modular boiler system that is connected to multiple boilers via an optional cascade piping kit.
The ecoTEC Pro condensing boilers can be installed as part of a modular boiler system that is connected to multiple boilers via an optional cascade piping kit.
This system allows for:
- Installation flexibility – Install any combination of 2 or 3 boilers in up to 181000 BTUH increments
- Redundancy, reliability and improved energy efficiency – If two or three boilers are connected together, they will operate as a single modulating unit. Should any one boiler fail, the others continue to operate at the same level of performance. The failed boiler can be serviced without shutting down the other heat sources. In addition, if only one boiler is required to meet demand, the remaining units are optimized and automatically modulate down accordingly. This ensures efficient operation and reduces cycling which may lead to premature component failure.
Although the ECOtec Pro 28 is compact in size, it must be installed within the property, not in an outbuilding.
The inside plant room is an area of the home where the water boiler is installed. The outside plant room is in a different location, but still attached to your property.
If you have a very large home or wish to separate the central heating system from your living quarters, then an outside plant room may be ideal. This can improve noise levels and reduce smells that are associated with boilers. However, many properties do not have sufficient space for this type of installation so it’s important to discuss your needs with a Vaillant approved installer before making any decisions about the placement of your new boiler.
It’s also worth noting that although the ECOtec Pro 28 is compact in size, it must be installed within the property and not in an outside plant room due to warranty requirements. In particular, if you live in a region that experiences cold weather for much of the year, then installing your boiler outdoors could cause problems as it would be exposed to sub-zero temperatures which could interfere with its efficiency and effectiveness.
The ecotec pro 28 is a great mid-size boiler for 1 bathroom homes
- You can install the boiler with a cascade kit. This allows you to install up to 8 boilers at once to meet the demands of your property or site.
- The Ecotec Pro 28 is designed for homes with 1 bathroom and a small amount of radiators (8 or fewer).
- The boiler is suitable for new builds and refurbishments, but it is not suitable for outdoor installation.