Replacing a panoramic roof on a car in the UK can be a complex task and the cost can vary greatly depending on a few factors. Here are some bullet points that might help:
- Type of Car: The make and model of your car can significantly affect the cost. Luxury brands such as Mercedes, BMW, or Audi can be more expensive compared to brands like Ford or Honda. Prices can range anywhere from £800 to £3000 depending on the vehicle model and year.
- Extent of Damage: If the panoramic roof simply has a crack or chip, repair may be a viable option, which would be cheaper than a full replacement. If the entire roof needs to be replaced, this would be much more expensive.
- Labor Costs: The cost of labor can vary depending on the complexity of the job. Typically, you can expect to pay anywhere from £50 to £100 per hour for labor.
- Materials: This includes the glass for the roof itself, as well as any necessary parts for the sliding mechanism or seals. The cost of these can vary, but could potentially add several hundred pounds to the bill.
- Insurance: If you have comprehensive car insurance, it might cover the cost of the panoramic roof replacement, especially if the damage was caused by an accident or act of nature. However, you’ll have to take your insurance deductible into consideration.
- Additional Services: If the interior of the car has been damaged due to the broken roof (e.g., water damage to upholstery), this will increase the repair costs.
- Independent Garage vs Dealership: Dealerships tend to be more expensive than independent garages. However, for a specialized job like this, you may want to consider going to a dealership or a garage that specializes in your make and model of car.
Please note, these are rough estimates and actual costs may vary. You should get quotes from a few different places before making a decision.