Hive heating uses a feature called “pre-heating” that prepares your home to your preferred temperature by the time you have set in your schedule. This is also known as “recovery mode”. If your Hive thermostat is constantly in recovery mode or you want to disable pre-heating, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Hive app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on “Heating”.
- Tap on “Schedule”.
- There should be a setting or option named “Pre-heat”. This might be displayed in the settings (gear icon) or advanced settings within the heating or schedule section, depending on the current app version.
- Turn the “Pre-heat” option off.
Remember, turning this option off might result in your home not reaching the desired temperature at the exact time you’ve set in your schedule, as your heating system needs some time to warm up your home.
However, if you are referring to “recovery mode” as an error state, where your Hive system isn’t responding or is behaving oddly, you might want to try a reset of the Hive system:
- Turn off the power supply to your Hive receiver for about a minute.
- Turn the power back on. Your receiver should reset itself automatically.
- If your Hive thermostat is battery-powered, remove the batteries for a minute and then replace them.
- If the problem persists, contact Hive customer support for further assistance.
Remember to always consult your user manual or contact Hive support directly when in doubt. They will be able to give you the most accurate advice based on the exact model of your thermostat and its current software version.